Welcome to Secret Prayer Sisters!
All of the ladies who are eligible for the Navigator Class are invited to participate in this ministry of caring and sharing with other sisters in Christ. You will each be given a ‘sister’ that you will need to pray for and encourage. It is wonderful to have someone that prays for you daily and is there to send you an encouraging note from time to time. We’ll be keeping our ‘sister’s a secret; so don’t let anyone know who you have. Of course it may be fun for you to guess as we go along. At the end of the program year, we will reveal our ‘sisters’.
What are Your Responsibilities if you participate in the Secret Sisters program?
- Know that it is a commitment. The lady you are assigned will be expecting you to uphold her in your prayers and she should be able to rely on you for encouragement.
- Pray daily for your sister. Get to know her needs and her family’s needs so that you may pray specifically for them.
- Make an effort to get to know your sister. Discover the likes and dislikes of your sister. Know her favorites. Attend the fellowships as a way to get to know her (and the other ladies). Share in our group’s facebook page, and feel free to keep an eye on her personal page ;D
- Be an encouragement to your sister. Send her cards and notes of encouragement.
- Remember your sister on her special occasions. Don’t forget to send cards for her birthday or special landmarks in your sister’s life.
- Keep it a secret! Don’t let anyone know whom you have. Leave your cards or notes when no one is around or have someone else deliver them.
- If you are unable to continue, contact Justine Brooks or Lisa Bailey. If you find you are unable to continue participating in the Secret Sister program, let someone know so another ‘sister’ can be found for the lady you were assigned.
- Purchased gift giving is not required throughout SPS. Small food items, candy, and homemade goodies are acceptable. You will be asked to purchase and bring one gift for your sister at our ‘revealing’ function.
- Make sure you contact your sister by means of a note or card at least once a month.
Above all, have fun and enjoy getting to know your sisters! You can be the instrument that God has placed in this person’s life to give them the encouragement they need right when they need it. “A word spoken in due season, how good it is!” Proverbs 15:23. Praying daily for your sister will strengthen you, and the rewards can be immeasurable.